Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Allow Me to Re-introduce Myself

My name is Aaron. For the first six years of my life, I was fairly certain I was going to be starting point guard for the New York Knicks. After all, I was the reigning MVP of the imaginary basketball league contested on the Fisher Price basketball hoop in the front hall of the house I grew up in on Long Island (I did not have any brothers and sisters...or many friends, apparently). Unfortunately, a move to competition against real human beings in the Infant Jesus basketball league of Port Jefferson would put a damper on my pro prospects.

Today, I’m an aspiring sports journalist/broadcaster at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I co-host, SportsRap, an hour-long sports talk show on WXYC Campus Radio, cover women’s lacrosse and wrestling for the Daily Tar Heel, and serve as a volunteer videographer, editor and scriptwriter for Carolina Week Sports. I also work as a Public Address Announcer for the UNC Softball team.

When I’m not writing, filming, or talking sports, I enjoy well, watching sports, particularly college basketball and professional baseball. I’m perhaps one of the 50 biggest fans of the Stony Brook Seawolves (2009-10 America East Regular Season Champions and NIT Participants!) and like the New York Mets (undefeated, untied and unchallenged in 2010 as of this writing) only slightly less than I like breathing. I also enjoy hip-hop music, board games and American cultural history.

I started this blog as a place to express myself and work on my writing skills a bit. Here you’ll find some sports commentary, some random everyday life stories and probably a lot of griping about my beloved New York Mets. There’ll be bad puns and Jay-Z references and all sorts of embarrassing stories. We’re all going to have a really great time, so come back soon.

If you’ve got any comments, concerns or questions, or just want to chat, feel free to holler at me at ataube@email.unc.edu. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment